Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dear Friends,

Today is a great day. Today is a milestone for our program as it marks the opening of our second center. From our modest beginning a year and a half ago, with 6 students, pushing towards a new frontier, today we counted 30 students in Jerusalem and an 8 student nucleus in out new Ramat Gan center. Today, sitting on the bus to Ramat Gan, I had the pleasure of sitting next to one of my veteran students. I listened to him as he told me about his plan to join a gym and his longer term plan / dream to start a small business. I was elated as he thanked the staff of the Beit Midrash for helping him find the strength within to bring forth his potential. When he told me that he gets up every day to pray before starting his day, I couldn't help but swell with pleasure as I remembered the student that walked into our program a year ago, contending everyday with the seemingly simple task of getting up out of bed in the morning. As you can imagine, it was a wonderful boost of confidence for me as I literally and symbolically rode forward to try and bring more hope to people.

I would like to end by thanking you for being a part of this endeavor and thank you for your support, both financial and emotional. If you know of more people that would like to partner with us in this life altering program, please send them for a visit. www.shafyativ.com

No comments: