Tuesday, July 8, 2008

rosh hodesh trip





On Sunday we went on a trip to celebrate the new month. We went to Ein Karem... WOW


We wanted to go out and break out of the norm a little bit and it proved to be absolutely right.


We hiked for ten minutes and reached a little spring. We walked past the spring for a couple more minutes and found a huge fig tree.


We sat under the tree and had some pita and hummus, some cold cuts as well.


We spoke a little and it was heartwarming. The students shared and the staff shared in how we feel about the last four months. Some of the guys said it was a miracle for them that the Beit Midrash opened. They felt great about having a place where they can fit in, where they don't have to explain themselves.
I shared with them how i have fears as well, everyday i have fears, what if they don't like us, the program, me... I told them how every morning i come and pray that the students will show up and i am never sure. I know how hard it is and I'm very sad that i have my limits as to how much i can help.
as you can see, i got my place on the tree and i must say i got extremely energized from this trip.

No comments: